- By bidding in The Johnston Collection’s auctions, each bidder agrees to these Auction Rules.
- All sales are final at the closure of the Silent Auction.
- In being the highest bidder you agree to this as a binding contract to fulfil payment on the night.
- There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” The Johnston Collection has attempted to describe and catalogue items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalogue, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full on the night of the auction to the attending staff. The Johnston Collection accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, or a cheque made payable to The Johnston Collection. Please allow 30 minutes after the auction bidding has closed before reporting to The Johnston Collection Staff.*
- Following payment, you may collect your purchases from the Cranlana Entrance Foyer or see The Johnston Collection Staff.
- The purchaser must pick up all items the night of the auction, unless special arrangements are made. Winning Absentee Bids will be available for collection at The Johnston Collection by arrangement. Any item left unclaimed, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to The Johnston Collection and the OPENING DOORS campaign.
- The Johnston Collection reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Unless otherwise specified, all auction gift certificates must be used within one year of the date of the auction.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from The Johnston Collection, their elected and appointed officials, members and employees, the auctioneer(s), the auction company and its agents and employees, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction
*Your patience is appreciated in processing payments at the end of the night.
SILENT AUCTION INSTRUCTIONS
The Absentee Bids close at 5.00 pm on Monday 18 July 2016. No further Absentee Bids bids will be accepted after this time. Further bids can be made via the Silent Auction on the night of the Gala Dinner, for those in attendance.
The Silent Auction will be running throughout the night. The items will be part of a Silent Auction during the evening, wherein you may be outbid. Absentee bids (online bids) will be registered and displayed at the commencement of the Inaugural Gala Dinner event. Please call The Johnston Collection on (03) 9416 2515 if you require further information.
You are encouraged to quietly register your silent bids by writing the amount you are willing to pay on the accompanying sheet next to each item on display in Cranlana’s Entrance Foyer. We encourage you to revisit the bidding during the night and update your best price. Final best price will be the successful buyer for each item.
Unsuccessful bids will not be notified.